Hellmann’s Mayonnaise is keto-friendly due to having zero carbs. However, it falls into the category of ‘dirty keto’ because it’s a low-carb processed food.
Hellman’s Mayonnaise has a wide range of products. Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise and Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil are recommended for a keto diet. However, they are high in calorie and contains unhealthy ingredients. So, it’s better to have it in moderation.
Stick with the article to learn whether Hellmann’s Mayonnaise is keto-friendly enough to be added to your diet.
- Hellmann’s Mayonnaise is ok for the keto diet but it’s dirty keto.
- According to the carb counts, Helammn’s Real Mayo is good for keto but it’s better to avoid their Light Mayo.
- Some alternatives to Hellmann’s Mayonnaise for the keto diet- Primal Kitchen mayo, Sir Kensington’s avocado oil mayonnaise, Chosen Foods Classic Mayo
Is Hellmann’s Mayonnaise keto-friendly?
Yes, Hellmann’s Mayonnaise is keto-friendly because it’s low in carbs and high in fat. For a keto diet, you have to restrict your carb content to 20g-50g and have high-fat foods. So, most of Hellman’s Mayonnaise products meet the requirements.
That is why it’s keto-friendly.
However, it’s considered to be a dirty keto. Dirty keto is low-carb processed foods that contain other dangerous ingredients that are harmful to health. Dirty keto mostly includes processed food like bologna.
Hellmann’s has a number of products in their mayonnaise line. Not all of them are keto-friendly. Real mayonnaise is keto-friendly with 0g net carb while Light mayonnaise is not recommended for a keto diet.
So, you can have Hellmann’s Mayonnaise in the keto diet but take it in moderation.
Why Hellmann’s Mayonnaise is a Dirty Keto?
Hellman’s Mayonnaise is keto-friendly however, it’s dirty keto. Dirty keto is low-carb processed food. These food contain unhealthy ingredients which are rather not good for weight loss or diet.
Hellmann’s Mayonnaise contains sugar and soybean oil which are unhealthy and not recommended keto diet.
Sugar is harmful because it’s a high glycemic sweetener. It raises your blood sugar level and prevents you from ketosis.
Soybean oil is harmful because it’s refined oil and is prone to oxidation. This may cause inflammation in the body. Soybean oil is extracted with high chemicals and heats. As a result, it strips out all the nutrients.
Tips for Having Hellmann’s Mayonnaise in a Keto Diet
If you are planning to add Hellmann’s Mayonnaise to your keto diet, here are some tips:
- Even though Hellmann’s Mayonnaise have zero net carbs, they are high in calorie. If you want to lose weight, having this mayo might be counterproductive. So, it’s better to have this in moderation.
- You can have mayo with keto-friendly foods like iceberg lettuce salad or egg and mayo salad.
Nutritional Comparison of Hellmann’s Mayonnaise Products
The following table compares the different Hellmann’s Mayonnaise products in nutritional value (100g):
|Type||Calorie (kCal)||Fat||Net carbs||Keto-friendly or not|
|Organic mayonnaise with roasted garlic||714||0||Yes|
|Mayonnaise with olive oil||429||0||No|
Is Hellmann’s Mayonnaise healthy?
Hellmann’s Mayonnaise is healthy if consumed in moderation with strictly keto-friendly food options. It is produced with ingredients like egg, lemon juice, salt, and vinegar.
These are beneficial to our health in one way or another.
Here are some health benefits of Hellmann’s Mayo:
- Hellmann’s Mayonnaise products are gluten-free. People who suffer from celiac must avoid gluten at any cost. Celiac disease is an autoimmune condition that attacks the intestine. As a result, nutrients cannot be absorbed properly. Hence, Hellmann’s Mayonnaise is safe for celiac patients.
- Although fats can be harmful to health, good fats found in Hellmann’s Mayo are good for reducing cholesterol. The high level of fat in the mayo is good for the keto diet.
- Hellmann’s Mayo products source Omega-3 from fats. It’s good for mental health, enhances brain function and reduces the risk of heart disease.
Moreover, mayonnaise can be used to thicken ranch dressing and make your salad more delicious.
What are alternatives to Hellmann’s Mayonnaise for Keto Diet?
Even though Hellmann’s Mayonnaise is keto-friendly, it’s recommended that you avoid it. However, if you are still craving mayo, there are some other better alternatives.
Here are the alternatives to Hellamann’s Mayonnaise:
Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo
Primal Kitchen mayo has become the go-to brand for keto enthusiasts. It’s one of the most famous Mayo brands. The key ingredients avocado oil and organic eggs make it perfect for a ketogenic diet.
Ingredients– Avocado oil, organic eggs, organic vinegar, sea salt, organic rosemary extract
|Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo||Check Price on Amazon|
Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
Sir Kensington’s avocado oil mayonnaise is both paleo and keto friendly. It uses 100% avocado oil for its creamy and decadent texture.
Ingredients: avocado oil, organic certified humane free range egg yolks, water, distilled vinegar, salt, lime juice concentrate, citric acid, lime oil.
|Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayonnaise||Check Price on Amazon|
Chosen Foods Classic Mayo
Chosen Foods Classic Mayo has a creamy texture rich with organic ingredients like avocado oil and roasted garlic.
Ingredients: avocado oil, filtered water, egg yolks, organic whole eggs. Organic distilled white vinegar, organic mustard, salt, organic rosemary extract
|Chosen Foods Classic Mayo||Check Price on Amazon|
The best alternative is homemade mayonnaise with all the healthy ingredients. So, here is a video showing how you can make mayo by yourself-
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Hellmann’s Mayonnaise Ok for Weightloss?
Not necessarily. Hellmann’s Mayonnaise has 0 carbs however it has too many calories. Hellmann’s Light Mayo can be good for weight loss as it has half the calorie of Hellmann’s Real Mayo.
What is Dirty Keto?
Dirty keto includes foods that are low in carbs but are processed. All kinds of processed foods with low carbs are dirty keto. They contain unhealthy ingredients like refined oils and artificial sweeteners. For example, bacon, pork rinds, diet sodas and cheese.
Can Hellmann’s Mayonnaise Throw You Out of Ketosis?
No, Hellmann’s Mayonnaise can’t throw you out of ketosis because they have zero carbs and are high in fat. This is exactly what you need to get into a state of ketosis.
So, Is Hellmann’s Mayonnaise keto-friendly?
Yes, it is. However, it falls under the category of ‘dirty keto’ because it’s processed food. You can Hellmann’s Mayonnaise while on a keto diet, but have it in moderation.
- Why is Pesto Not Vegan-Friendly? Reasons And Alternative. - December 8, 2023
- Is Carnauba Wax Vegan? Answered Briefly - December 7, 2023
- Tokyo Treat vs Sakuraco: Which Treat Box to Choose? - December 7, 2023