We often hear that things were better in the past – the food quality was better; the air was much fresher, and all you need to grill was a big brick barbecue in your yard. That said, outdoor cooking has been reanimated in many ways.
All across the world, people are roasting, braising, smoking, searing, and more. The best combo grill has become crucial components in this journey. When it comes to getting the ideal cooking grill, there is no shortage of available solutions for you. In this guide, we have some of the top deals on amazon for you and some excellent products you should consider.
When you have one of these grills, cooking becomes a highly convenient experience. Let us get started:
Durable Outdoor Barbeque & Burger Gas/charcoal Grill Combo
A combo grill is perhaps the most dynamic method to prepare meats, vegetables, and more. Thus, this is why the Durable Outdoor Barbecue and Gas Grill is also an excellent place to start.
Providing well over 557sq inches of cooking surface, this grill is perfect for cooking different meals. Yes, it’s a large grill that will provide plenty of cooking room for as many as 32 burgers.
Also, the charcoal side features a convenient height adjust system, which you can use to regulate the heat. The grilling area is large and simple to clean, thus making grill maintenance a simple process. Aside from being a fully functional grill, this unit also has exceptional aesthetics. As a result, you get to enjoy cooking your meals on the grill, with style and class.
Furthermore, the grill even has an exceptional 188 sq inch total waring rack space to make things highly convenient for your needs. Equipped with as many as three stainless steel tube burners, you will have more than 24,000BTUs of available power.
Remember to check the quality and amount of your heat your chosen grill can produce during the cooking process. As such, the cooking grill even features a 12,000 BTU steel side burner with a cover, which makes it easy to store the cooking grill after each use.
- Offers an exceptional 188 sq. inches of warming rack space
- Has three stainless steel burners that provide 24,000 BTUs
- Equipped with a 557 sq. inch total cooking surface area
- Could use a more durable side burner dish
Another Top Pick
Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner Liquid Propane and Charcoal Hybrid Grill
Cooking your favorite meals has never been this easy. Thus, this is why the Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3 burner grill is also a good recommendation for your needs.
It’s a grill that will quickly and easily convert from a gas to a charcoal grill without tools. Before buying a combo grill, its good to check up on features such as the cooking surface area and the grill performance. You will be pleased to know that the Char-Broil has you covered when it comes to all these unique features for grilling like a pro!
The grill will let you enjoy the speed and convenience of a grill with gas. You can even use it to get the signature flavors of cooking over charcoal. Thanks to the exceptional 540 square inch total cooking area, you can cook several meals at the same time. Furthermore, the porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates are easy to clean after each cooking session.
To make things more convenient, the grill lets you use the gas to light up the charcoal. Therefore, there is no need to get light fluid to use the charcoal grill on this unit. Designed to be easy to move and highly portable as well, you will find it easy to use in all places in your home. Whether it’s the patio, the kitchen, the yard, or more, this grill is the perfect and dynamic way to prepare meals.
- Offers an exceptional 540 square inches of cooking space
- Has a durable and stainless-steel burner
- Equipped with porcelain cast iron cooking grates
- Offers a total of 40,000BTUs of heat
Char-Griller 5030 2-Burner Gas & Charcoal Grill Dual Function, Black
Enjoy the benefit of cooking with both gas and charcoal when you finally have the Char-Griller 5030 in your hands. This unit will provide an exceptional cooking surface area of more than 870 sq. Inches of space.
As one of the most fully functional grills on the market, there is more than meets the eye when you have this unit in your hands.
For instance, the grill comes with an easy dump ash pan, which is highly convenient to use when cooking large meals at the same time. It even features porcelain-coated cast-iron grates, which are durable and perfect for preparing different meals. More so, the grill also has side firebox compatible, to make it highly convenient for modern-day cooking applications.
Similar to all top-end products in its category, this two-burner grill features a heat gauge, dual smokestacks, and triple wall steel with insulation. Thus, you are always sure of the ideal grilling experience. Even more, the easy dump ash pan and sturdy side shelf make this unit perfect for grilling throughout the year. The makers of this unit have also included convenient solutions such as the dual function grill cover.
- Offers an exceptional 870 square inches of cooking space
- Equipped with an easy dump ash pan
- Has porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates
- Has a heavy-duty steel construction for longevity
- Lacks adjustable legs which can be highly convenient
The grill provides 600 sq inches over porcelain cast iron grates and 209 sq. Inches on the warming rack. That is more than sufficient space for cooking your favorite meals like a professional.
Furthermore, the grill also features an exceptional two double lay stainless-steel lid with an integrated temperature gauge. Therefore, you will find it easy to use this grill to keep track of the temperature as your food cooks. More so, the charcoal firebox also has two air vents for the best ventilation results. The grill makers have done well to include a side table for food preparation and convenient grill tools.
You will also be pleased with the automatic ignition system that exists on the gas grill side for easy start-ups. Thanks to the three 9,000 BTU burners, this grill is more than perfect for preparing meals. It even features a slide-away air vent on the charcoal side, and as a spring-loaded handle to make it easy to adjust the charcoal pan.
The grill features two individual oil management systems. These include a grease cup for gas grilling residue, and a draw out ashtray for collecting charcoal burnouts. The grill also features a generous storage room in the lower cabinet, which you can use to store several grill tools.
- Offers 600 sq. inches over porcelain cast iron grates and 209 square inch warming rack
- Has a two double-layer stainless steel lid with temperature gauge
- The automatic ignition system lights the grill automatically
- Equipped with a slide away air vent on the charcoal side
- Removing the grills for cleaning is not an easy process
The grill has a dual fuel design, which features two separate grills sitting in the stand together. Both of these grills provide an exceptional 810 square inches of cooking space.
More so, the gas grill features three adjustable burners that provide more than 25,000 BTUs of cooking power for the best heating results. Both sides of the cooking grill have an easy, clean up system to make things highly convenient. The gas grill side has a removable grease drip cup and tray design, which makes the grill clean up a simple process. The charcoal grill side features a detachable ash dump tray design – another extraordinary and convenient feature.
The charcoal grill slide has a sliding front and upper air damper, to help improve the flow of air. Thus, burning becomes a highly efficient process when cooking. Made using heavy-duty material, the hybrid grill with two heat resistant fireboxes will ensure a superior barbecue experience. The porcelain cooking grates are easy to clean, and can withstand excessive temperature levels.
The tailgater comes with two oil management systems. The first one has a grease tray and cup for collecting residue, while the other has a draw out an ashtray for collecting charcoal burnouts.
- It offers a total of 810. Square inches of cooking space
- Both sides have an easy cleanup system
- Comes with a removable grease drip cup and tray
- Has a double layer lid for convenient use
- Could use a better exterior finish to complement your cooking space
Oklahoma Joe's Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo
If you struggle with fueling your grill, then it’s time to consider a combo grill. The Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal Smoker Combo cooking grill is an excellent place for you to start.
The grill provides an exceptional 1,060 sq. inches of cooking surface, perfect for cooking large meals for the entire family. The primary cooking surface in the central chamber has porcelain cast iron grates, and an exceptional 750 sq. inches of space. If you are not aware, such a large grill will provide several years of reliable cooking performance.
Furthermore, the grill comes with 3 x 12,000 BTU burners in the gas grilling chamber. Such a unique gas grill structure is more than perfect for cooking your large meals. Equipped with a lid-mounted temperature gauge, this unit lets you keep track of the inside temperature. These include temperatures of the smoker and gas grill chambers for your convenience.
To take things further, this grill also has a firebox access door. It’s a convenient access door on the firebox, which will make it easy to stoke the fire without opening the chamber lid. Therefore, the grill will allow heat and smoke to flow freely into the main chamber. Thanks to the inclusion of the convenient cool-touch handles, you will get a firm grip on your grill or smoker lid. It also ensures your hands and fingers are safe from the heat each time when in use.
- Offers an exceptional 1,060 square inches of cooking space
- Has 3 x 12,000 BTU burners in the gas grilling chamber
- Equipped with multiple adjustable side dumpers for ventilation
- How to Buy the Best Combo Grill
- Somewhat heavy in size
How to Buy the Best Combo Grill
Features of the Best Combo Grill
- Dual fuel combination – just as the name suggests, a combo grill should support dual fuel functionalities. The cooking grill should be able to use both charcoal and gas, as well as two different cooking zones. Combo functionality will make you appreciate the authentic taste from charcoal, and the convenience of cooking with gas.
- Side tables – side tables are also excellent for placing plates, platters, condiments, food, and more, all with arm reach.
- Inbuilt thermometer – the ideal grill also features a simple to read thermometer. It’s a convenient function that makes it easy to check the fluctuations in the cooking grill’s internal temperature. Plus, it also lets you monitor the gauge on two hoods conveniently.
- Lid construction – you also want a grill with a heavy-duty stainless steel lid, which will provide excellent heat retention. Usually, this feature improves thanks to the inclusion of a double layer construction.
- Porcelain-enameled cooking area – more so, a good grill also has generous cooking grates, usually including a warming rack for convenience.
- Stainless steel burner – the ideal grill also comes with a stainless-steel tube burner, with convenient functions such as automatic ignition. Such a unique grill structure helps ensure even heat distribution, thanks to the inclusion of covered flame tamers.
- Adjustable charcoal pan – remember to check for an adjustable pan, so that you can lift the charcoal pan to a suitable level. Thus, it will cook your food well, even from a proper distance. Some high-end grills also feature a spring handle on the front panel for ease of use.
- Air vents – an air vents lets you slide away from the handhold on the charcoal panel to open the vent for ease of use. This way, you can instantly stoke the fire with convenience. Some even feature two additional dampers on the hood, such that you will enjoy efficient air circulation without opening the lid.
Other Important Factors When Buying Combo Grills
The grill should not only cook, but it should also let you do so with style. The best part about cooking grills is that most high-end brands remember to ensure their cooking grills have quality designs. Even if you don’t have any specific preferences in terms of grill aesthetics, its good to get one that complements your space.
The conventional black and stainless grills are readily available. That said, brands such as Weber and KitchenAid have colorful cooking grills you can consider. Aside from color, determine whether you want a cooking grill with cabinet doors or anything else convenient. More so, the cooking grill should hide the propane tanks, ensure they don’t sit on the ground beside the cooking grill.
At the most basic level, a good grill should cook well. Aside from taking the correct steps to use the grill, there are many additional features to check to improve your grilling experience. These include features such as side burners, smoker boxes, rotisseries, adjustable legs, and more. Also, remember to check grills with ergonomic or cool-touch handles for ease of mobility.
Frequently Asked Questions When Buying the Best Combo Grill
What is a Hybrid BBQ?
A hybrid BBQ grill is a type of grill that lets you use more than one fuel source. Usually, most grills provide a combination of charcoal and gas. The charcoal makes it easy to slow-burn meats and impart a smoky flavor as well. The gas models help to cook food faster, and it can be an excellent way to save up on cash as well as cooking space.
How to Clean Flavorizer Bars?
When you want to clean a flavorizer bar, ensure that you let the grill fast. Then, scrape it gently with the bars by using a plastic scraper. If the burnt wood chips are not easy to remove, ensure you use a stainless-steel grill brush. For thorough cleaning, get a scrubber pad and grate cleaner, which is highly convenient.
How Much Cooking Surface Area Do You Need?
On average, a cooking surface area that averages about 700 sq. Inches are sufficient. It’s more than enough to get you started with the cooking process. Also, the cooking space is often divided between warming racks and grilling areas.
Being able to grill your food can be an exciting and fun way to share meals. Whether you want to grill meats, vegetables or more, it’s a unique cooking technique to consider. In this guide, we have for you some of the best combo grills on the market. These are dual fuel cooking appliances, which will make your cooking experience convenient each time. Plus, remember to look out for the essential features you would want in the ideal cooking grill.